Howarth Timber Engineered Solutions understands that in an ever changing industry, where regulation, legislation and technology impact to create confusion and uncertainty, there is a need for innovation and simplification of the construction process. As one of the first businesses to introduce engineered timber products into the UK, we are extremely proud of the design and engineering that has gone into our I-Joists.
The I -Joist is a professionally engineered composite timber product manufactured within a quality assured process. As with all Howarth Timber Engineered Solutions products, the supply chain is managed to ensure consistent quality and sustainability credentials. The result is that the frequency of naturally occurring defects, which can impair the performance of solid timber products, is reduced. The structural timber I-Joist can be produced in a range of depths and spans to suit domestic and commercial applications. As an engineered composite, the beam dimensions are not restricted by the available dimensions of natural sawn timber. The high-strength to low-weight ratio of the I-Joist enables larger beams to be readily transported and handled on site.
Although the I-Joist can be incorporated in a range of fabricated assemblies, it is also sufficiently lightweight and can be readily cut and installed using conventional construction techniques, making it a highly flexible and adaptable product.
- Wide range of products. Competitive and compatible solutions.
- Light Weight. Easy to handle.
- Quality Assured. Clean, consistent, reliable products.
- Certification. BBA and ETA approved.
- Sustainability. Full chain of custody through PEFC forest certification. (FSC® certification available on a project by project basis)
- Strength & Stiffness. For flat floors, roofs and ceilings.